Contractor Complaint Form

contractor complaint

Protect Yourself & Your Investment

Perhaps the most common interaction between citizens of North Port and the City government is the process of building a home. Making sure to secure all of the right permits and paperwork are complete can be intimidating.

The City has made this handout to help citizens understand the steps(PDF, 726KB).

According to Florida law, those who work on your property or provide materials, and are not paid-in-full, have a right to enforce their claim for payment against your property. This claim is known as a construction lien.

If your contractor fails to pay subcontractors or material suppliers, the people who are owed money may look to your property for payment, even if you have paid your contractor in full.

This means that if a lien is filed against your property, your property could be sold against your will to pay for labor, materials, or other services which your contractor may have failed to pay.

This document provides information regarding Florida Statute 713, Part 1(PDF, 33KB), as it pertains to home construction and remodeling, and provides tips on how you can avoid construction liens on your property.

Firing your contractor? Please read the full form(PDF, 239KB) for additional details on the process.

Contractor Complaint Form(PDF, 189KB)