Did you know the City’s two meter readers read over 25,000 meters each month?
Every meter in our service area is read monthly, either manually with a handheld device or via an automated drive by system.
Water and/or Sewer Monthly Rates
Base Facility Charge(s)
- Readiness to serve charge for both water and sewer
- Covers the fixed costs of operating our utility even before you use any water or generate any sewage, maintenance of water and sewer lines, and the personnel required to operate and maintain the utility system.
- If you should leave the area in the summer months or go away for an extended period of time and have your water turned off, you will still receive a monthly base facility charge.
- Water Usage & Sewer Usage
- Calculated with Six-tier Conservation Rates
- More water a customer uses, higher the rate will be for the water you are using
If we receive your monthly payment late or you have required any other services which have a fee associated with the service, these charges will also be on your monthly bill.
For information on frequently asked billing questions, visit our Common Questions page.
2022 Rate Increase
Effective October 1, 2022(PDF, 417KB)
Monthly bill for single family residential customer with 3/4" meter using 3,000 gallons:
|Prior to October 1, 2022
|Difference per Month
Lower Your Monthly Bill
By lowering your water usage and conserving water where possible, you can significantly reduce your utility bill.
- Check your toilet for leaks.
- Stop using your toilet as an ashtray or wastebasket.
- Take shorter showers.
- Install water-saving shower heads or flow restrictors.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth.
- Turn off the water while shaving.
- Check faucets and pipes for leaks.
- Plant drought-resistant trees and plants.
- Put a layer of mulch around trees and plants.
Paying Your Utility Bill
North Port Utilities makes paying your bill easy by offering the following payment options:
Make a one-time payment using your VISA, DISCOVER, MASTERCARD, or E-check. All you need is your Utilities Account Number, which can be found on your bill. In fact, if you create a user name and password, you can set up recurring payments using a credit card or your bank account information as well as access your billing history. Our online account system also allows you to track and analyze your water usage for each billing period, which can help you take steps to reduce your water usage and your water bills.
Access our Customer Portal here
Please Note: If you pay your bill through your bank's bill-paying website, remember that the payment may not be received by us for several days. In some cases a paper check is generated and mailed by your bank.
North Port Utilities is pleased to offer an Electronic Billing (E-Bill) Notification option so you can GO GREEN and quickly receive your bill notification by email.
Click Here to Enroll in E-Bill
Make a payment through our automated Interactive Voice Response System (IVR). Simply dial (941) 429-7122 and enter your account number from your bill to access your account information, then follow the prompts to make your credit card or e-check payment.
Payments can be mailed directly to the Cashiering office located in City Hall.
North Port Utilities
4970 City Hall Boulevard
North Port, FL 34286
Please include the payment coupon or reference your account number on your check.
Allow seven to ten days for the department to receive your mailed payment.
Payments can be made at North Port City Hall at the Utilities Customer Service and Cashiering office at 4970 City Hall Blvd.
Hour of operation: Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Cash, Checks and VISA, DISCOVER or MASTERCARD are accepted.
Drive-thru and night drop services are available. Please note that payments deposited in the night drop will be processed the next business day.
Walmart Money Centers are now accepting payments for North Port Utilities customers. Request to make a payment by providing code "WMBP" and your account number. A $2 processing fee will be added by Walmart.
In the event that your payment may be delayed or if you are having trouble making your payment, please call our Cashiering Office at (941) 429-7122 BEFORE the payment is due to discuss the options available to you.
Late Payments and Disconnection of Service
Please be aware of the following bill paying requirements and information:
- Done approximately on a 30-day cycle
- Payment Due
- Due when the bill is rendered
- Becomes delinquent if not paid within 21 days
- Late Charge
- Mailed if the bill is delinquent (not paid within 21 days)
- Service Disconnection
- Payments not received by disconnection date (on late notice) are eligible for disconnection
- Delinquency processing fee shall apply to accounts that payment is not received
- Service Connection
- Service can't be restored until payment and all fees are paid
- Payment must be made prior to 5:00 p.m. to have service turned back on the same day. If payment is received after 5:00 p.m. the service will not be turned on until the next business day.
- Includes initial and final meter reads, delinquent accounts, seasonal turn-ons and seasonal shut offs
- Service will still be available in all emergency situations
- For security reasons we do not collect payment at your home, below are many convenient payment options:
- 24/7 Free Pay By Phone (941) 429-7122.
- Pay Utility Bill Online
- Never be late again with Automatic Bank Drafting - Sign Up!
- Drive-up - Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM - North Port City Hall (4970 City Hall Blvd, 34286)
- Mail - North Port Utilities, 4970 City Hall Blvd, North Port, FL 34286
We understand circumstances differ with each customer, so if payment is delayed, please contact our Cashiering office at (941) 429-7122 to make payment arrangements. Do not wait until your service has been disconnected before calling to make payment arrangements. Payment arrangements cannot be made after disconnection has occurred.