Price Boulevard Widening Project
The Price Boulevard Widening Project is now officially underway!
The City of North Port celebrated a groundbreaking ceremony Friday to kick off the widening of Price Boulevard, a much-anticipated project that will ease congestion on this key roadway and make it more resilient in the event of future storms.
The project consists of the following:
- Four travel lanes/two in each direction
- A continuous bi-directional center left lane
- A ten feet wide multi-use path on each side of the roadway
While the design and permitting phase of the project had previously been completed, some elements of the design will be revisited as a result of lessons learned during Hurricane Ian. When design changes are finalized, they will be submitted to Commission for consideration and approval. Once the new design has been approved and permitting completed, the project will be ready to advertise for construction bidding.
At this time, a start date for construction has not been set.
- Spring 2023 - Fall 2024: Advertisement of solicitation and selection/approval of contractor
- Late 2024 - Early 2025: Roadway construction begins
- Fall 2026: Estimated completion of roadwork
Project Features by the Numbers
- Price Boulevard widening from two lanes to four lanes between Toledo Blade and Sumter boulevards
- The project is approximately 2.8 miles in length
- New traffic signal mast-arm infrastructure at three major intersections: Salford Boulevard, Cranberry Boulevard, Chamberlain Boulevard
- All traffic signals including Sumter Boulevard and Toledo Blade Boulevard will be interconnected and synchronzied
- Five miles of culvert drainage pipe
- Twelve drainage (stormwater) detention ponds
- Emergency traffic signal to be installed at Citizens Parkway for Fire/EMS
- 6.3 miles of Type "F" curb and gutter
- Approximately 14,347 tons of asphalt
- 183 drainage curb inlets
- 5.6 miles of 10-foot-wide concrete multi-use path
- 21,000 landscape plants (primarily around drainage ponds)
- LED lighted fountains at each pond
- 246 street lights
- Bi-directional left-turn lane (stamped concrete surface)
What will the road look like?
You can see what the initial design of the road will look like projected over the current roadway by viewing our Price Boulevard Map Projection(PDF, 9MB). Additionally, you can see what a typical section of the road will look like both on the main strip and approaching intersections by viewing our Price Boulevard Typical Section and Intersection Infographic(PDF, 490KB).
Temporary Construction Easement
Property owners on Price Boulevard will need to sign and return a Temporary Construction Easement and Right of Entry form, which gives the City temporary permission to access your property, primarily to remove and reconstruct a new driveway and do ancillary work to adjust your front yard to meet the new road and sidewalk. View an example of the Temporary Construction Easement and Right of Entry form(PDF, 130KB).
Frequently Asked Questions
View answers to some of the frequently asked questions(PDF, 208KB) regarding this project.
For a review of the history and timeline of the Price Boulevard Widening Project, click here(PDF, 195KB) .
To learn more information on the Price Boulevard Widening Project, call the dedicated voicemail box for the project at (941) 240-6960, email PriceWideningInfo@NorthPortFL.gov, or fill out the form below for the latest updates via email.
Sign up to Receive the Latest Price Boulevard Updates by Email