Infrastructure and Facilities
What We Do
Roads, Waterways and Structures Section
- Road maintenance, including pothole patching.
- Traffic control devices (traffic signals, signs, and markings).
- Right of way mowing and debris removal.
- Water control structures and bridges.
- Aquatic weed control in canals and ditches.
- Mowing of canal and ditch banks within the right-of-way.
- Stormwater drainage systems (pipes, inlets, swales, ditches, and canals).
- Planning, estimating and scheduling maintenance projects.
- Maintains the groundskeeping of various City owned facilities.
- Provides maintenance and repair to over 50 buildings city-wide.
- Plays a pivotal role in City operated events. Assists in planning, set up, working the event and post event cleanup.
To request one of these services, please call Public Works Customer Service at 941-240-8050.
Infrastructure and Facilities Manager
Chuck Speake - Director